Cleaning and Caring for your night guard
Congratulations once again on obtaining your custom guard from Direct Dental Australia! We are happy to have you on our team :)
Purchasing a mouthguard for teeth grinding and clenching (or one of our invisible retainers) means you are investing in your health and we want to ensure your investment is kept in the best possible condition.
Follow the below tips to ensure your guard is kept in pristine condition for as long as possible and to prevent unintentional damage. Remember we scan your impression free of charge so if you do need a replacement, Direct Dental Australia will always look after its repeat customers with a discount - just let us know! :)
- Always rinse your guard in cold or warm water - never in boiling water! This can distort your guard when subjected to too much heat
- Water with anti-bacterial soap or non-alcoholic mouthwash are your best choices for cleaning agents
- Using a soft toothbrush is the best way to give your guard a deeper clean. Stay away from using anything electrical or harsh (such as steel wool).
- Keep your night guard (or retainer) in a safe place! if you have pets make sure its out of their reach as they are attracted to your guard as it has your scent and saliva present.
- Always remember that hard or strong cleaners are a no-go as they are too harsh and can damage the structure and integrity of the guard reducing its life span.